Goodwill’s mission is to help people with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work.
We seek to create opportunities for all people, regardless of disability or barrier to employment to get and keep a job. At the same time, our goal is to help hundreds of public and private sector employers benefit from the contributions of a diverse workforce — the job-seekers we place in jobs.
Know Your Impact
When employers need to fill temporary positions, they know they can count on us and our 20,000 temporary workers to fill those slots with a reliable and skilled workforce.
GoodTemps, our temporary staffing agency, provides short- and long-term employment solutions for public and private sector employers throughout New York City, Long Island, Westchester, and New Jersey.
We’re not just filling jobs, we are building recognition among employers for the contributions that every person can make - regardless of the barrier: 75% of our temps have a disability.
Serving job-seekers with disabilities and other barriers to employment, GoodTemps offers one of the largest pool of qualified talent in the industry, from laborers to lawyers, administrative assistants to accountants, and everything in between. For our workers, we are helping build the kind of empowerment that comes through work and the independence it offers.
- Job-ready Candidates
- Over 20,000 qualified, active candidates ready for dispatch.
- Competitive Employment
- More than 75% of our employees are individuals with a disability.
- Scaled to Your Needs
- We send more than 750 employees to work each day, at companies of all sizes.
- By Tomorrow
- Need to hire fast? No problem, we can give you the talent you need by tomorrow.
Our expert workforce development staff finds employment for job-seekers with all types of disabilities, chronically unemployed or underemployed adults and youth.
Regardless of work experience or history, we can help enhance your life through the power of work!
We prime individuals with barriers to employment to land the jobs they want and help them excel in their new positions.
Our services include preparing individuals for work, assisting them with obtaining competitive jobs, and providing extensive follow-up to ensure they succeed.
- Goodwill Stores
- Goodwill Stores offer retail training and jobs for persons with disabilities and other barriers in addition to providing quality clothing and household goods at affordable prices.
- Our Careers in Retail training program equips entry-level retail employees with the necessary skills and credentials to advance to mid-level retail positions inside or outside Goodwill. Mentoring from retail experts complements the training.
- Career Pathways
- For more than 20 years, we have helped individuals applying or receiving public assistance to get back on their feet. Our workforce development programs prepare individuals to enter sector-based career pathways and achieve sustainable employment.
- A referral from the New York City Human Resources Administration is required to participate.
- These programs are customized to serve specific job seekers: Career Compass, Career Advance – Immigrants and Limited English Proficiency, and Youth Pathways are located in Brooklyn. Career Advance is located in Queens. For the Brooklyn programs, call (347) 381-6800 or for Queens, call (718) 704-5901.
- Employment Services for Individuals with Disabilities
- Since our beginnings in Brooklyn in 1915, we have provided training and employment for individuals with disabilities and barriers.
- Back then, the funders trained these individuals to collect, mend and sell used goods, giving birth locally to the philosophy of retail stores funding services for the community.
- Today, the Goodwill philosophy works! We offer training, on-the-job support, mentoring, and job placement to help enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities. Find the service that best suits your needs.
For more than 85 years, we’ve put our highly experienced janitorial, motor messenger, assembly, and packaging staff to work, providing quality and reliable services to organizations throughout New York and New Jersey.
Companies that hire us not only get the service they want; they also support the training and placement of individuals with barriers to employment. In turn, our employees gain hope in their worth and their futures. Today, we focus on providing janitorial and motorized messenger services.
- Janitorial Services
- Goodwill NYNJ currently services over 900 thousand sq-ft of space throughout the New York City region. Our qualified staff serves retail stores, office locations, and State and City government facilities.
- Our services include, but are not limited to:
- General janitorial
- Day porter
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet care
- Parking lot sweeping and maintenance
- Post construction clean-up
- Floor care including stripping and waxing
- We can offer 24/7 service.
- Goodwill NYNJ plans to expand services to Nassau and Suffolk Counties - Stay tuned!
- Motorized Messenger Services
- Goodwill NYNJ partners with Dynamex, a messenger company with a national footprint, to serve the New York City metropolitan area, including Nassau and Suffolk counties.
- We can deliver packages ranging from ounces to 100lbs in weight.
- Our services include:
- Express pick-up and delivery of packages for same or next-day delivery
- Pre-scheduled route services within the metropolitan area
- On-demand services
- Items include but are not limited to:
- Legal documents
- Medical supplies
- Office supplies
- Medical specimens