People who shop at Goodwill support communities and protect our environment. Our proceeds go to help people with disabilities and disadvantages do powerful things, like find work, gain independence, and build careers. And, because our inventory is donated, it’s all green.
Great Finds In-Store and Online
Goodwill Store Rewards
Goodwill's rewards program offers frequent shoppers the chance to earn points for discounts at Greater New York and Northern New Jersey retail stores
How it works
- Members receive 1 point for every $4 pre-tax dollars spent
- Every 50 points you earn qualifies you for $5 off your next purchase
- You may apply between 50 and 100 points to take $5-$10 off
- Points do not expire and there is no limit to how many you can accumulate
Know Your Impact
Triple F.A.T. Goose has donated brand-new clothing to Goodwill NYNJ. All merchandise will be sold at NYC Goodwill stores to support our mission of empowering individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work. Triple F.A.T. Goose specializes in manufacturing jackets for the entire family.
For this spring semester, Goodwill NYNJ and The New School's Parsons School of Fashion collaborated to provide six Bachelor of Fine Arts senior students the opportunity to work directly with our production department to get material to upcycled for use in their thesis collection. The semester-long project culminated with the students showing their designs at the Parsons Fest the week before graduating in May.
On January 16, Goodwill NYNJ launched its second cohort of the Career in Retail Pathway training at the SUNY Fashion Institute of Technology. Sixteen retail employees are participating in the 7-week training, which is free to employees at the FIT campus and is sponsored by Goodwill NYNJ.
Our Social Enterprise
Goodwill NYNJ has been a social enterprise since its founding over 100 years ago. Back then, the founders collected donations of gently used goods; and they hired people with barriers to employment and independent living to sell the items.
The model is still at work today and makes up our triple bottom line.
- Individuals with barriers to employment get help securing meaningful jobs
- Donors see a social return for their financial or goods donation that includes helping people secure work and keeping unwanted goods out of landfills
- Shoppers get great prices on the goods they want and support jobs for people with disabilities
It’s a win, win, win for all.