People who shop at Goodwill support communities and protect our environment. Our proceeds go to help people with disabilities and disadvantages do powerful things, like find work, gain independence, and build careers. And, because our inventory is donated, it’s all green.
Great Finds In-Store and Online
This year alone, we’ve helped keep hundreds of millions of pounds of unwanted goods out of landfills. And, with 42 retail locations across Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, a Goodwill store is always nearby.
For National Thrift Shop Day we launched Operation: Textile Rescue
In order to promote and encourage choosing secondhand first we had a 15% off sale, fun store windows, Snapchat filters, and in-house styling events.
Goodwill Store Rewards
Goodwill's rewards program offers frequent shoppers the chance to earn points for discounts at Greater New York and Northern New Jersey retail stores
How it works
- Members receive 1 point for every $4 pre-tax dollars spent
- Every 50 points you earn qualifies you for $5 off your next purchase
- You may apply between 50 and 100 points to take $5-$10 off
- Points do not expire and there is no limit to how many you can accumulate
To all of our friends of Goodwill, we're sorry to inform you all that due to unforeseen circumstances, we must postpone and reschedule the ribbon-cutting ceremony — originally scheduled for the morning of Thursday, September 21st — celebrating the grand opening of our new flagship Goodwill Store and Donation Center in North Plainfield, New Jersey.
We will provide an update with a rescheduled grand opening date soon.
Our Social Enterprise
Goodwill NYNJ has been a social enterprise since its founding over 100 years ago. Back then, the founders collected donations of gently used goods; and they hired people with barriers to employment and independent living to sell the items.
The model is still at work today and makes up our triple bottom line.
- Individuals with barriers to employment get help securing meaningful jobs
- Donors see a social return for their financial or goods donation that includes helping people secure work and keeping unwanted goods out of landfills
- Shoppers get great prices on the goods they want and support jobs for people with disabilities
It’s a win, win, win for all.
persons with disabilities from partner agencies learned skills in our stores.
Goods repurposed and sold in our stores last year were equivalent to reducing the emissions of300+
passenger vehicles for the whole year.