Donated merchandise is sold in our stores to help support our programs that empower individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work.
Because Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, you can receive a tax receipt directly upon request at the store or any other attended location. Download a valuation guide from the Goodwill Industries International website.
Make a Difference
Donate Your Gently
We Sell Them
in Our Stores
in Our Communities
How to Donate
At Our Stores
All of Goodwill’s stores accept donations of clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories, handbags, luggage, household goods and other items.
Attended Donation Centers
Goodwill’s DonationXpress centers are staffed to make it quick and easy to drop off goods and get your tax receipt.
The donations that you bring there are delivered to Goodwill stores where they are sold to provide support for our mission.
Goodwill benefits greatly from donation drives held on our behalf.
The donors vary greatly and include: scout troops, corporate offices, residential buildings, local schools, college move-outs, area stores and businesses, elected officials’ recycling events, and church drives. We bring bins to collect the donations and pick them up when the drive is over.
Goodwill will accept any vehicle in any condition, including cars, motorcycles, boats, trailers, and snowmobiles as long as you have a clear title in your name.
Pickups can be arranged within 24 to 48 hours, and free towing and a tax receipt will be provided.
Goodwill provides pickups for large corporate donations, donation drives, group sales, swap events, college move-outs, and bins placed in residences or businesses.
We do not generally provide individual home pickup services unless 50 bags or boxes of clothing, shoes, accessories, jewelry, handbags, wares, or other household goods in good condition are available.
To arrange for a pickup if these conditions are met or to find out alternatives for getting your donation to us, call (718) 777-6320 or email us.
(Changes are to remove college moveouts and to substitute 50 for 35-45 bags or boxes.)
Other Ways to Contribute
Need Donation Help?
Know Your Impact
What We Accept
From your closetWe accept
- Clothing & accessories
- Children’s clothing
- Children’s jewelry & unsafe Items
- clothing with metal, painted applique or drawstrings
From your shelvesWe accept
- Records; CDs & DVDs
- Clean toys
- Vintage/collectible toys and sporting goods
- Antiques & decorations
- collectibles & knick-knacks
- sports & other trading cards
- gift cards (with balance.)
- old encyclopedias
- old marked-up textbooks
Around the homeWe accept
- Flat screen TVs & monitors
- CD & DVD players
- game systems
- art, e.g., paintings, photographs, lithographs
- Housewares - e.g., dishes, glasses, utensils, flatware
- Small working appliances, e.g., microwaves, blenders, toaster ovens
- Clean domestics, e.g., bedspreads, curtains, linens, blankets, and area rugs
- Tube TVs & CRT computer monitors
- Gas-powered equipment
- Perishable items
- Anything with personal data, e.g., computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones
- Furniture, mattresses, & futons. Large appliances, large exercise equipment, bathroom & kitchen fixtures
- Baby equipment, furniture, or toys; with the exception of vintage/collectible & clean stuffed animals
- Automobile parts of any kinds of hazardous materials.
- Recalled items & weapons
- Medical equipment
Exceptions to the above non-acceptable items list includes vintage/collectible & clean stuffed animals, and Vehicles (call 866-492-2770) and bicycles. Goodwill will accept donations of these items.