Donated merchandise is sold in our stores to help support our programs that empower individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work.
Because Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, you can receive a tax receipt directly upon request at the store or any other attended location. Download a valuation guide from the Goodwill Industries International website.
Make a Difference
Donate Your Gently
We Sell Them
in Our Stores
in Our Communities
How to Donate
At Our Stores
All of Goodwill’s stores accept donations of clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories, handbags, luggage, household goods, books, and other items.
Attended Donation Centers
Goodwill’s DonationXpress centers are staffed to make it quick and easy to drop off goods and get your tax receipt.
The donations that you bring there are delivered to Goodwill stores where they are sold to provide support for our mission.
Goodwill benefits greatly from donation drives held on our behalf.
The donors vary greatly and include: scout troops, corporate offices, residential buildings, local schools, college move-outs, area stores and businesses, elected officials’ recycling events, and church drives. We bring bins to collect the donations and pick them up when the drive is over.
Goodwill will accept any vehicle in any condition, including cars, motorcycles, boats, trailers, and snowmobiles as long as you have a clear title in your name.
Pickups can be arranged within 24 to 48 hours, and free towing and a tax receipt will be provided.
Goodwill provides pickups for large corporate donations, donation drives, group sales, swap events, college move-outs, and bins placed in residences or businesses.
We do not generally provide individual home pickup services unless 50 bags or boxes of clothing, shoes, accessories, jewelry, handbags, wares, or other household goods in good condition are available.
To arrange for a pickup if these conditions are met or to find out alternatives for getting your donation to us, call (718) 777-6320 or email us.
(Changes are to remove college moveouts and to substitute 50 for 35-45 bags or boxes.)
Other Ways to Contribute
Need Donation Help?
What We Accept
- Shoes and Accessories
- Jewelry and handbags, and luggage
We cannot accept
- Children's clothing with metal, painted applique or drawstrings
- Children's jewelry and unsafe items
- Antiques, collectibles, decorations and knick-knacks
- Vintage or collectible toys, and clean stuffed animals
- Sports and other trading cards, and gift cards (with a balance)
- Records, CDs and DVDs
- Sporting goods
We cannot accept
- Old encyclopedias and old or marked-up textbooks
- Toys other than vintage or collectible
- Art such as paintings, photographs and lithographs
- Housewares such as dishes, glasses, utensils, flatware, vases and lamps
- Small working appliances such as microwave ovens, toaster ovens and blenders
- Flat screen TVs and monitors, CD and DVD players, game systems and radios
- Walkers and wheelchairs in good condition
- Clean domestics such as bedspreads, linens, curtains, blankets and area rugs
- Vehicles (cars, trucks, bikes) - call (866) 492-2770
We cannot accept
- Anything broken, damaged or not working
- Anything with personal data such as computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Tube (CRT) TVs and CRT monitors
- Furniture, mattresses and futons; large appliances; large exercise equipment; and bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Baby equipment or furniture
- Gas powered equipment and automobile parts
- Recalled items and hazardous materials
- Perishable items
- Medical equipment, with the exception of walkers and wheelchairs in good condition