- The Information We Collect
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share or Disclose Personal Information
- Your Choices Concerning Our Handling of Your Personal Information
- How We Secure Personal Information
- How You Can Access or Correct Your Personal Information
- Links to Other Sites
- Updates to Our Privacy Statement
- Privacy Contact -- How to Contact Us
The Information We Collect
Beyond the above listed personal information, we also may keep track of the domains from which you and others visit us, certain technical networking information and track how visitors navigate through our Site, including without limitation, statistics about your visit, the number of people visiting the site, your IP address, which pages of the Site you visit, the date and time of your visit, which products or services you access, the Internet domain from which you are accessing the Site, the browser you are using to visit the Site and the operating system you are using. To do this we use a variety of webserver logging and analytic software and/or cookies, as detailed further below.
We may utilize “cookies” to either store your information in connection with a transaction you’ve selected, to help further our Site analysis operations and to implement the “how we use your information” items listed above. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize you, your browser and remember certain information.
We may additionally contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf other than to help us conduct and improve our business.
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you become aware that your child under the age of 13 years old has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at www.goodwillnynj.org/about-us/contact-us.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In general, our policy is to use the information we acquire from you for internal purposes only, except when, as further detailed below, you make a donation to us through our Site that requires us to interact with credit card providers, payment servicers and banks. Any of the information listed above that we may collect from you could be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize your online experience – The Site analytic information and reports generated from them help us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To improve our Site – We seek to improve our Site and its features based on the information of how visitors use our Site as well as any feedback we receive from you;
- To improve customer service – Goodwill first and foremost wants to help people and we hope any information provided or collects us helps to more effectively respond to customer service requests and needs;
- To process transactions – Your information may be used for the express purpose of delivering a purchased product or service as you have requested;
- To send periodic emails – The email address you may have provided through our “Contact Us” page, when signing up for our newsletter, or in connection with order or donation processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or feedback, in addition to receiving occasional news, updates, related product or service information; and
- To provide products and services to you, and make available products and services of third parties, and to support those products and services.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future newsletter emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each newsletter email.
How We Share or Disclose Your Personal Information
In addition, circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Goodwill decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business, including in the event of bankruptcy. If such a transaction occurs, the purchasers, creditors, trustees or other persons or entities involved in such sale, purchase, merger or reorganization may be granted access and control of your personal information as a result of such sale, purchase, merger or reorganization. In the event of such an occurrence you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the handling of that information.
Your Choices Concerning Our Handling of Your Personal Information
How We Secure Your Personal Information?
We strive to use appropriate security measures to keep your personal information private and secure. This said, no security measure in existence is one-hundred percent perfect and unbreakable. Criminals and bad actors constantly seek to introduce and implement new methods, means and strategies to attack and compromise systems and security techniques in use. As a result we cannot and do not guarantee that nothing or no one will at some time successfully circumvent the security measures we’ve selected and are utilizing. There is always some element of risk involved in providing personal information and as a result you should use caution when submitting your personal information and using the Site.
In order to try to minimize some security risk, we encrypt all information that you submit in ordering one of our products or services using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. All payment card information is submitted via SSL and provided to our payment gateway providers’ databases to be accessible only by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are likewise required to keep the information confidential.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Personal Information
The most effective way to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the personal information in our records is check the accuracy of your personal information before you provide it to us and carefully input your information correctly. If you discover that personal information you provided to us is incomplete or inaccurate you may be granted access to your account profile and make the necessary updates and corrections. If you are unable to update or correct incomplete or inaccurate personal information by accessing your account settings, upon your reasonable and proportional request to the Privacy Contact at the contact information listed below, we will correct such personal information or use reasonable efforts to provide you with access to your personal information in order verify its accuracy, and correct, amend or delete your personal information if it is inaccurate.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These other websites may operate independently from Goodwill. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Goodwill, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
Privacy Contact – How to Contact Us
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York
4-21 27th Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
Phone: (718) 728-5400
Last Updated June 2012.